Eero 6 Routers operate a mesh network of both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, which can make it challenging to pair your 2.4GHz SmallGarden.
To pair your SmallGarden to your Eero router, you'll need to make a few temporary changes to your router prior to pairing your SmallGarden as outlined below.
Place your Eero 6 router in 2.4GHz mode for pairing
- Open the Eero App and select the Settings icon
- Select 'Troubleshooting' from the menu
- Select 'My device won't connect' from the menu
- Select 'My device is 2.4GHz only' from the menu
- Select the 'Temporarily pause 5GHz' at the bottom of the screen
- You're Eero 6 Wi-Fi network will now disable the 5GHz network so you can pair your SmallGarden
- Return to the home menu and select your iOS device from the menu to confirm you are on a 2.4GHz network (my device is labeled iPhone, yours might be different)
- Confirm you iPhone is on 2.4Ghz as this is the same network that will be transferred to your SmallGarden
- Pair your SmallGarden from the ēdn Grow app
Confirm your SmallGarden is on a 2.4GHz network after pairing
- Open the Eero app
- From the Home screen, select 'espressif' (which is your SmallGarden and the name of the chip manufacturer) from the 'Other' list
- Confirm your SmallGarden is on 2.4GHz wireless
- Note, from this menu you can also check the last active and actually see a history of your device connection which can be quite useful if troubleshooting your connection!
Still having trouble pairing your SmallGarden to your Eero 6 router? There are a few other options we can disable in the Eero app that can assist in the process in certain circumstances:
- Turn off IPv6 IP addresses
- Eero App>Settings>Network Settings>IPv6 --> Select 'Off'
- Turn off 'Client steering'
- Eero App>Settings>Network Settings>Client steering --> Select 'Off'
In our experience, these options can usually be return to 'On' after the pairing process is complete.
If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to support through this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.