Follow these instructions to clean your SmallGarden in between planting.
After harvesting your plants, we recommend cleaning your SmallGarden as there may be leftover soil and roots from the previous plants. We encourage cleaning your SmallGarden thoroughly before replanting new SeedPods.
To breakdown your SmallGarden for cleaning:
- First, unplug SmallGarden from the power source.
- Remove the SeedPod cups by gently pulling up on the lids or the base of your plant's stem. Carefully pull the Seedpod cup out of the reservoir lid.
- You can dispose of, compost, or transplant your plants.
- After all SeedPod cups are removed, you can remove the SeedPod tray. First, ensure that moisture probe has been taken out of the tray so you do not damage the wire in the process.
- Remove the lid itself by pushing inwards on the tray on the side nearest to the water inlet, then pull up. Make sure to navigate the other end of the tray around the wire of the moisture probe.
- Once the reservoir lid is removed, the water reservoir can easily be taken out and cleaned as well.
To clean the SmallGarden body:
- SmallGarden can be easily cleaned with soapy water and a cloth. Gently wipe down the SmallGarden's exterior, staying away from the LED lights. Be careful to ensure that water does not get into the power outlet on the SmallGarden.
To clean the SmallGarden plastic components:
- Remove the SeedPod cup lids.
- Clean the cups and lids with a soap and sponge or a damp cloth. To make it easier, you can soak them in a soapy water mixture overnight, then rinse with fresh water and dry thoroughly the next day.
- Note - it's best to leave the rubber water regulators in tact, however if they become dislodged, place them back inside the cups with the larger ring facing upward. You may need to use a pencil or end of a spoon to firmly press it in place.
- The plastic parts can be washed in a dishwasher without heat and without using heat dry.
Please make sure everything is dry before reassembling your SmallGarden and plugging it back in.
Please sign in to leave a comment.