We've been made aware of a bug in iOS 15 that is causing SmallGardens to power cycle through the day that results in the lights turning on and off throughout the day. We are currently working on a solution to this issue that we will deliver through a firmware update, but in the meantime we've been able solve the issue by removing the SmallGarden from the Home App, and toggling the ēdn App's Home Data setting. This will stop the SmallGarden from rebooting, but of course we want you to have full HomeKit functionality and are working hard to fully fix the issue and support the Home App.
Please follow both of the below steps to solve the issue:
Toggle your HomeKit data to OFF in settings for the ēdn Grow App
- Navigate to your iOS device Settings (not the ēdn Grow App's settings)
- Scroll down and select 'Grow' from the list of apps
- Toggle the 'Home Data' option to OFF
Remove your SmallGarden from the Home App
- Navigate to the Home App
- Long press on the SmallGarden tile
- Select the 'Settings' cog icon at the bottom right side of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select 'Remove Accessory'
Currently this issue is only affecting users with the below scenario on their Home Wi-Fi network. If you are experiencing this issues, please fill out this survey to help us better understand the issue and what is causing the bug.
- iOS devices on version 15+
- At least one HomePod or HomePod Mini on the network, that is setup as a Home Hub
- Possibly an Apple TV as well
- Over 10+ Smart Home devices (of various manufacturers)
- A device on the home network that is reporting as unresponsive on the network.
A brief explanation: An unresponsive device on the network and how it's status is communicated by the Home Hub to the SmallGarden is currently causing the issue. We are working hard to solve the problem, and will keep this thread updated with our progress. Thank you for your patience as we work through this issue!
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Contact us, we're here to help!