What are the causes of algae?
- Algae may form on your SeedPods because there is no chemicals or fungicides preventing the algae to form. Algae growth indicates that our SeedPods are natural and organic.
- Algae forms when the SeedPods are oversaturated with water. This maybe caused due to overwatering your SmallGarden.
How to prevent mold and algae from forming?
- Please remove the lid from the cup and gently scrape off the algae/mold making sure the plants or seeds is not damaged. You can scrape off the algae with either a paper towel or spoon.
- Dry out your SeedPods for 1-2 days or until you see it turn into a light brown color. The main cause of algae growth is overwatering.
- If you have cinnamon, it is very beneficial to sprinkle some on top of the dry SeedPods to prevent future algae growth. Cinnamon acts as a natural algae killer and is beneficial for the SeedPods. If it continues to grow we recommend repeating the previous steps and adding more cinnamon.
- Lastly, air flow is great to prevent algae growth as well, if your garden is near a opened window it will constantly get good air flow which is ideal. If your garden is located in a space with less air flow we recommend moving the SmallGarden to ensure it gets more air flow or if you have a fan near by use it for air circulation.
- Please contact the customer service team if you have further questions or need more tips on removing the algae growth.