We offer two different methods of logging into an account on our ēdn application. This article will explain the difference between them and point out some key things to pay attention to when creating an account.
Sign in with Apple-
Sign in with Apple is a "single sign on" (SSO) service that is offered by Apple instead of creating a new account using your email and password. There are some advantages to using this method and they are listed below.
- Removes your name from the account created (ēdn)
- They give you the option to "Hide my email" from ēdn
- If you select this option your account will have an email login that will look something like "email@example.com"
- This will be the only information shared with ēdn
- Single button sign on
- Requires two-factor authentication
There are also some things to make sure you acknowledge when signing in through Apple.
- If you ever have an issue logging in and need to reset your password, the email to do so is sent to Apple to be forwarded to you. If you are trying to reset your password and not receiving the email link, please reach out to Apple support to receive the link
- If you ever decide to login with your email and password, you will need to create an entirely new account and it will not transfer any information from the account created by Apple
- If you ever create a support ticket from the ēdn after signing in with Apple, there is a possibility that our response will go to your iCloud email account and not you Gmail or Yahoo account
Sign in with an email and password-
This method is managed directly by us at ēdn. Some differences include:
- Being able to manage your account directly with ēdn customer support
- We are able to let you know what email is attached you your account if ever needed
- Support tickets go directly to the email being used
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org for help!