At ēdn we're on a mission to change the way the world experiences nature and it all starts with the SmallGarden 2! We've designed the SmallGarden to enable everyone to grow fresh herbs, vegetables, and flower, regardless of your time, space, season or expertise! To get the absolute best experience with your SmallGarden, check out the below before getting started.
Your SmallGarden can live anywhere indoors that has a level surface, access to a power outlet, and has WiFi connectivity. There is no additional sunlight needed for your SmallGarden, the internal LEDs take care of all the light your plants need. To get the most enjoyment out of your garden, place it somewhere that you'll see every day so you can witness your plant's progress and share your gardening success (it's quite amazing your plant growth on a daily basis!). Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Kitchen - Great for general enjoyment and productivity, placing your garden in the kitchen makes it easy to grab fresh herbs and vegetables for your next meal.
- Bedroom - Whether for fresh flower or help waking up in the morning, a bedroom SmallGarden brings a bit of nature into every day!
- Office - Being around plants has shown to improve productivity by 7-8%, not to mention it's like living art in your office!
- Bathroom - A little lavender or fresh-smelling flowers never hurt - Also works well as a night light!
- Entry Hall - A great place to enjoy and show off your SmallGarden and gardening prowess!
Your SmallGarden can grow a variety of plants; from herbs like basil, thyme, and mint to vegetables like cherry tomatoes and bell peppers (we've even grown succulents and strawberries!). Although the options are endless, it's a good idea to start off with our tried and trusted SeedPods before venturing off and experimenting. If you're wanting to experiment with varieties we don't offer, see this article for what to look for when buying seeds. It's worth noting that flowers provide a really exciting experience as you get to see them develop and bloom - it's like slow motion fireworks!
- Our current selection - Basil, Baby Romaine, Purple Basil, Bibb Lettuce, Marigolds, Catnip, Fennel, Mint, Chives, Sage, Moss Rose, Lemon Balm, Rosemary, Spritzer Lettuce
- Soon to be released - Dwarf sunflower, pumpkin, bell pepper, jalapenos, and a few other surprises.
Whether cooking for one or a group, it's fun to bear the fruits of your labor! When planting your garden, make sure to consider future recipes or even deliveries from meal services like Blue Apron and Plated - you'd be surprised at much freshly grown herbs and vegetables to add to the taste of your dish.
Witnessing the beauty and progress of your garden is an amazing experience. It's an awesome opportunity to deepen your understanding of nature (and horticulture), while sharing it with others. As we continue to build out our software, we'll offer more and more information about what's going in your garden and how to best take care of your plants. Not only is this a great learning experience for you, but can also be used to teach kids the wonders of plant growth. Take time to enjoy, share, and learn about your garden - it will be well worth every minute and really help you get the most out of your SmallGarden!