The below steps will guide you through the complete setup of your SmallGarden 2. This includes Wi-Fi pairing and planting your SmallGarden.
You can also download the PDF manual at the bottom of the page or click here.
Account Creation & Wi-Fi Pairing
- First, you'll need to make an ēdn account at https://grow.edntech.com - this will allow you to control your SmallGarden 2, enable email/text notifications, order new supplies, and much more! After you've created an account, you can move on to the next steps.
- What's in the box?
- We’ll start by finding your garden a suitable home, pairing it to wifi, and then planting your first garden! First, unbox your SmallGarden and place on a level surface. Make sure you’re within WiFi range and plug in your SmallGarden.
- Now we'll pair your SmallGarden to your Wi-Fi network - press and hold the main button until your SmallGarden starts blinking blue. This will place your SmallGarden into Wi-Fi pairing mode.
- Now let’s use your device to directly connect to your SmallGarden’s WiFi network. Navigate to your Wi-Fi settings on your device, and select the network labeled SmallGarden-XXXX, where the XXXX will be unique to your SmallGarden. Once connected, return to your device's browser and select 'Next'
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list on your device and enter your password. This will connect your SmallGarden to your Wi-Fi network so you can access it from anywhere in the world!
- Your SmallGarden is now connecting to the cloud and updating it’s software. You’ll see the notification light rapidly change colors and finally pulse blue when connected.
Planting your SmallGarden
- Start by removing the cups for the tray. This is where you'll place your SeedPods and seeds. Cups can be easily removed by pulling up and out on the inner lip of the lid.
- Now we’ll remove the lid by squeezing the sides of the cup and insert a SeedPod. Be careful when removing the lid, only a minor amount of squeezing is required.
- Next, place 5-10 seeds about ¼” into the SeedPod hole. Note, if the seeds are any deeper, you will get poor germination results.
- Now we’ll tear off a small piece of material from the SeedPod, and gently place in the hole, covering the seeds. The goal is to limit the amount of light your seeds get during germination! Place the lid back on the Cup by aligning the cut out section of the lid with the raised portion of the Cup. Then snap into place.
- Now we’ll place your planted Cups back into the PodTray
- Finally, we’ll add water and PlantFood to the reservoir via the inlet. Your SmallGarden can hold about 50oz of water which will allow it to feed your plants for weeks at a time.Make sure to shake your PlantFood before adding 10 drops for every 16oz of water. When you add your water, you’ll notice the SmallGarden’s notification light go from red to green - when it turns green, your SmallGarden is full!
That's it! Your SmallGarden 2 has been successfully paired and planted! If you have any questions or need help with anything, please send a support ticket via the app, or send an email to email@example.com.