It depends on what you're growing, but for the most part I'd let the plants decide! You'll naturally see some grow taller and some stay shorter, and then you can thin out the plants that seem to be struggling. Plants, like people, can grow at different initial rates, but will then normalize when they start to mature. You'll also want to increase your PlantFood to ensure your plants are getting enough nutrients. I'd slowly taper the plant food up (a few extra drops per watering) - it's important not to add too much food as the roots can be 'burned' and die as a result.
Articles in this section
- Planting Best Practices
- What to expect when growing marigolds
- What to expect when growing fennel
- How to transplant plants from your SmallGarden
- What to expect when growing lettuce
- What to expect when growing mint
- What to expect when growing basil
- How much time should caring for my plants take?
- What kind of water should I use?
- Can I overwater the plants?